Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ciclo Urbano....

Let's start off with a little slap to the face, shall we...Urban downhilling is one of the most ahhhhmazing and terrifying sports on a bike...I can't wait til I have the skills to try it myself...

 
I am very new to urban cycling and I feel like I am literally getting a crash course in it....but cycling is my love and passion that brings people together...I am a big believer in community and biking goes hand in hand with that idea....this also brings me to one of my favorite bike shops in Chicago, Ciclo Urbano they focus on community, education and having a kickass time...the last time I stopped in, I bought up some rad handmade hats and the profits helped finance the youth ladies to a bike event in DC...check out their website, they have a ton of stuff going on and are developing our next generation of cyclists...awesome....

Onto our update:Rebel Training Ride take 3??? Sylva talked to a bike friend and they suggested a bike path that goes from downtown LA to Long Beach...I had no idea what I was in for, LA bike training has become it's own adventure...I was just hoping for no crashes or cars....what happened at the end of this ride was again something I had never thought would happen, thought we had used up all our fairy event power...guess not...

But first, let me say a HUGE THANK YOU to the following for their very generous donations....

Henry Cavillones

Jaime Rauner

Pyper Hugos

Joshua Essay


The urban bike trails, a bit different than Nebraska but just as rad....

Someone call a cab??? I think LaLaLand will always have something ups it's sleeve....
May have found some singletrack, looks promising...will keep ya posted....

After a very smooth, fun and uneventful 20 mile ride we came back to the police waiting for me at my car....ohhh shit...what now....

 Uhhhh...my rear window had been shattered!!!! Okay bike gods, we have always gotten along, especially through some of my most difficult and challenging rides but are ya trying to tell me something????

Oh I know....don't weed wack on urban terrain...is that the lesson learned....so the run down, a city worker was weed wacking "weeds" and a rock hit/shattered my window....good news, the amazing city of Vernon has already paid and replaced my window...hellz yeah!!!!


Here is the spot where they were weed wacking....I thought LA was the Leaf Blower Capitol of the World...I have nothing further to add....except....

Donate!!!!

I'm at 25% and need your help...

Casey's page to donate:


Sylva's at 35%...her page to donate:


If you are in the LA area here are a list of upcoming fundraising events...they are going to be a blast!!!



I know you have all missed me and the blog, I've been on the road but now I am back and will be posting much, much more....til then...go get RAD!!! and don't forget to DONATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment